If you are an aspiring first-year teacher eager to grow as an educator while helping students in educationally underserved communities climb the mountain to college, then KIPP Philadelphia’s Liberty Teaching Fellows Program is right for you.
As a Liberty Teaching Fellow, you’ll become a member of a collaborative team committed to doing whatever it takes to help all students succeed. Working side-by-side with veteran mentor teachers, teaching fellows teach a combination of whole class, small group, and individualized instruction, and their teaching responsibilities increase throughout the year. The unique structure of the Liberty Teaching Fellows Program gives beginning teachers the development, mentorship, and experience necessary to grow into excellent lead teachers in an urban, high-achieving, college-preparatory environment within one year.
The Liberty Teaching Fellows Program is for you if you:
• Are inspired by KIPP’s mission and passionate about providing transformational education outcomes to students in Philadelphia’s educationally underserved neighborhoods
• Strive to work in a school where you receive the mentorship, professional development and support to become the best teacher you can be
• Are willing to do whatever it takes—every day—for your students to climb the mountain to college
• Full-time teaching position with competitive $40,000 salary and full KIPP Philadelphia benefits (medical, dental, retirement and more)
• Work side-by-side with a veteran teacher in a shared classroom
• Professional development meetings, off-site excellent school visits, and frequent observations and coaching by school leaders and teacher coaches
• Become a member of a collaborative school team committed to doing whatever it takes to help all students develop the character and academic skills necessary to lead successful and happy lives
After a year in the Fellowship program, over 90% of Fellows move into full-time lead teachers roles in a school, with over 75% of Fellows working as a Lead Teacher at KIPP Philadelphia in the following year. Fellows have moved into lead teacher roles in all grades kinder-4th grade, as well as specials (art, music, PE) roles. Over the years, former Teaching Fellows have then grown as teachers and leaders to become grade level chairs, new teacher coaches, and Assistant Principals. Most excitingly, two former Teaching Fellows went on to win the KIPP Foundation national teacher of the year award!
The application process will include an online application, video interview, and in-person interview. The application window for the 2017-18 school year has now closed.
Ready to become a Liberty Teaching Fellow? Complete this interest form to be contacted when the 18-19 application goes live!