At KIPP, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal—college graduation. Through our collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than students of similar economic backgrounds. Our success is driven by:
- High Expectations: Clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement and conduct that creates and reinforces a culture of achievement and support. We know that every student is different and we personalize learning based on a student’s needs, skills, and interests.
- Strength of Character: Success in life depends on more than academic learning. We help students foster character strengths that are essential for their own success. And we empower them to express their voice with power and to improve the world around them.
- Highly-Skilled Teachers and Leaders: Great schools require great teachers and school leaders. We empower our school teams and invest in leadership and training rather than in bureaucracy.
- Safe & Structured Environments: Physical and emotional safety is needed for students to take risks and learn from their successes and their mistakes.Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions so our students love school and maximize their learning.
- KIPP Through College: Our counselors and advisors support students as they prepare for and select the right college for their needs and interests. After high school, we help KIPP alumni navigate the social, academic, and financial challenges they might encounter while in college.