Credit Card or EFT: Donate online through Network for Good.
Check: Checks can be made payable to: "KIPP Philadelphia Schools". Please mail your donation to the following address:
KIPP Philadelphia Schools
5070 Parkside Avenue, Suite #3500D
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Payroll Deductions: Regular payroll deductions can be taken automatically at your workplace as part of the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey's (UWGPSNJ) Donor Choice Program. KIPP Philadelphia Schools' Donor Choice ID number is 51002. Corporate Giving: If your company runs a workplace campaign and you wish to make a pledge that will be counted towards that campaign, please contact Caitlin Wood Sklar at 215-294-8596.
Stocks can be donated through the KIPP Foundation's Merrill Lynch
Account (and passed through to KIPP Philadelphia Schools). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
DOUBLE your impact by ensuring that you take advantage of your
employer's matching gift program. The majority of Fortune 500 companies
have matching gift programs.
Simply visit your personnel office to ask
if your company matches charitable donations. If they do, fill out the
matching gift form completely and turn it in.
When you make your gift to
KIPP, please let us know the contact information for your company's
matching gift program and we will be sure to follow up and make sure the
matching gift comes through. Please see the attached list of companies with matching gift programs. This is a partial list and always changing.
Make your tax dollars work for KIPP Philadelphia Schools!
What is EITC? The Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC) is a national model providing greater access to high quality education through public/private collaboration. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania offers a unique opportunities for businesses in the state an opportunity to reduce their tax liability by contributing to registered organizations such as KIPP. Your gift to KIPP can generate tax credits from 75% of your contribution, up to a maximum of $750,000 per tax year. This can be increased to 90% of the contribution if your business pledges to provide the same amount for two taxable years.
Why tax credits? Tax credits are more attractive than a standard charitable donation. While deductions reduce your amount of taxable income, tax credits reduce your actual tax bill. Tax credits are utilized after your tax liability is established.
Is my business eligible? If your business is authorized to operate in Pennsylvania and pays one of the following taxes, you can register to be eligible for the Pennsylvania Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program:
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Capital Stock Franchise Tax
- Bank and Trust Company Share Tax
- Titles Insurance Companies Share Tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
- Mutual Thrift Institutions Tax
- Personal Income Tax of Corporation Shareholders or Partnership Partners
How do I register my business? Eligible businesses may apply online each year by July 1st (for new EITC-approved organizations) or May 15th for existing EITC-approved organizations. For current information on the EITC program and the application, click on the "Apply" link from the PA Website. Please note that applications are approved on a first-come, first served basis. Also, the PA Department of Community and Economic Development will advise applicants directly if their request is approved.
When a loved one passes, you may wish to have friends make donations to KIPP in lieu of flowers. In this case, please email the Development Team
or call 215.704.6402 to set up a Memorial Fund in the name of your
loved one. Your friends can contribute online or by check, as long as
they indicate the name of the Memorial Fund (or just the name of your
loved one) in the memo.
1. We will send an acknowledgement
letter to each donor, recognizing that their gift was in honor of your
loved one and letting them know that you been notified of their gift.
2. You will receive a list every week or two with names and addresses of contributors to the fund.
3. You will receive a report at year's end with a complete list and the total contributed in honor of your loved one.
are invited to visit KIPP Philadelphia Schools at any time to meet with
our CEO, Marc Mannella, and to discuss the impact of donations in honor
of your loved one.
Donors Choose is a website that allows our teachers to request materials
for their classrooms beyond what is provided in the school's annual
budget. Teachers can request books for reading clubs, expensive
technology, additional hands-on science materials, even items to play
with during recess. Then you can fund that teacher's project
directly! To fund the classroom project of an individual teacher:
1. Go to http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/search.html
2. On the left side of the page, under location, click STATE and then Pennsylvania.
3. Also on the left side of the page, click CITY, and then Philadelphia.
4. Finally, click SCHOOL, then scroll down to KIPP - any KIPP schools with projects listed will be available here.
Interested in sponsoring an event or a student, classroom or building?
Contact our Development Team or call 215.294.8596.
SPONSOR A SEAT
While we expand, the cost to educate each additional student is $3,300. Sponsor a new seat and help us to provide a life changing education to a Philadelphia child.
SPONSOR A SCHOLARSHIP
1. Sponsor the gap between federal, state and institutional aid and total costs of college. The cost to cover this gap for four years is $12,000.
2. Fund a “transformational” scholarship. Help a child attend their reach school and expand their horizons despite costs. Supporting a student’s dream for four years is $40,000.
|SPONSOR A CLASSROOM
Sponsor the creation of a new KIPP classroom in Philadelphia, which will serve thousands of students in years to come. The cost of adding a classroom is $99,000.
|SPONSOR A BUILDING OR A CAMPUS
Help us build beautiful, modern learning campuses for our students. Individual school building naming rights begin at $1,000,000. Campus naming rights begin at $1,500,000.
A Gift in Your Will: Getting Started
We hope you'll consider including a gift to KIPP Philadelphia Schools in your will or living trust. Called a charitable bequest, this type of gift offers these main benefits:
- Simplicity. Just a few sentences in your will or trust are all that is needed. The official bequest language for KIPP Philadelphia Schools is: "I, [name], of [city, state, ZIP], give, devise and bequeath to KIPP Philadelphia Schools [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose."
- Flexibility. Because you are not actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
- Versatility. You can structure the bequest to leave a specific item or amount of money, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to us.
- Tax Relief. If your estate is subject to estate tax, your gift is entitled to an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift's full value.
How It Works
To make a charitable bequest, you need a current will or revocable living trust. Your gift can be made as a percentage of your estate, or you can make a specific bequest by giving a certain amount of cash, securities or property. After your lifetime, KIPP Philadelphia Schools receives your gift.
Putting Your Family First
When planning a future gift, it's sometimes difficult to determine what size donation will make sense. Emergencies happen, and you need to make sure your family is financially taken
care of first. Including a bequest of a percentage of your estate ensures that your gift will remain proportionate no matter how your estate's value fluctuates over the years.
We Can Help
Contact our Development Team with any questions about naming KIPP Philadelphia Schools in your will or living trust. We're happy to help, without obligation.